Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Radical

I'm reminded  of an event in the life of some Radical dudes in the book of Acts, where they turned the city upside down. Reason this historical event stood out to me, for what I've experienced in Miami, my friends and i had the opportunity to share the God the gospel in Downtown Miami. I've never seen something like it before. Which lead me to the title of this blog: "Radical" But why radical? Radical because these saints aren't playing ya'll. They are walking in what i call the Matthew 28 mandate; "Go Therefore." Only those who are radicals take up this mandate. Its a spiritual, social, and cultural mandate given by Jesus himself, and only radicals welcome this mandate. Although, there is a sense of negligence for theological and philosophical endeavors along with the Spirit of God so evident in their walk. On the other hand, I've learned an important lesson regard to the mention fields of studies above. I think the wises way to combat fire isn't with fire. Fire isn't combated with fire. However, it's combated with water. Beyond engaging in a a war about knowledge, that doesn't have an end, people are yearning for evidence. As a matter of fact, our culture mantra is an "Empirical Epistemology". meaning, they are looking for tangible signs to proof a particular hypothesis that could be truth and cohere apologetically. On the one hand, God, i think is in the business of revealing himself, and that trump evidences to make himself evident. As John says, he "exegato" Jesus interprets the father to us. To me this is radical business. I think God has place me in His equation to expose His body to holistic truth of knowledge and experience, not a dualistic one.

No comments:

Post a Comment